Thursday, May 16, 2013

DIY Dresser Revamp!

Here's a little preview of Baby Schartz's new dresser! The decor may or may not be permanent since we don't know if baby is a he or a she yet. Lets be honest, though, I'll probably change it either way. :) I rearrange things all the time. I'm sure it'll be over the top once the nesting kicks in. Hee. 
So here's what I did...let me tell you, it was not an easy task, especially not for a pregnant woman. It took me a couple of weeks to complete from start to finish. Sanding is a real pain in the you know what. That was of course the longest part. I used 40 grit to get all THREE layers of paint off. Then I had to go over the entire dresser again with 100 grit to smooth the wood out. Next applied two coats or primer, followed by two coats of Behr's Cozumel in a semi-gloss. I wanted these beautiful glass knobs from Anthropologie, but 15 knobs at $15 each, it seemed a little ridiculous. So I ended up with these "knock-off" Home Depot glass knobs that were $3.47 a piece. I thought that was a much better price for basically the same look. I am more than happy with how this dresser for the nursery turned out. It was a lot of work and I had to keep telling myself that it was for the baby, but in the end it is totally worth it! Let me know what you think!
 xx
Melissa Loren








3 comments:

  1. Oh Mel!! That is beautiful! It turned out GREAT! I LOVE THAT COLOR! This baby already has a wonderful room and he/SHE isn't even here yet! ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE getting comments, go ahead and leave one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...