Well, my first week of my work outs and healthy eating is almost over. I have one more work out tomorrow morning.
I'd like to document a few things to look back at when the 6 weeks comes to an end.
1. I AM SORE. Today has probably been the best day as far as soreness goes, yesterday was the worst day. Hopefully my body will start warming up to everything. :)
2. I ate very well this week. I stuck to egg beaters in the am, boiled chicken with zucchini and squash for lunch and boiled chicken with roasted broccoli for dinner. Everything was season with pepper and garlic only, no salt. For snacks I had granola bars, fruit, or veggies with hummus.
3. I only went out to eat once (Corner Cafe) and I ordered 2 slices of plain toast and a fruit plate. I have to stick to it, even if social gatherings to arise.
4. I love the work outs we're doing. They make me feel like an athlete again...an out of shape athlete, but still. I lived for basketball and track and have always been an athlete and to lose that was hard. I love that this class is kind of giving me back my competitive side and even more, my athletic side.
5. I'm still swearing by the My Fitness Pal App. It's amazing how fast calories rack up. I would definitely go past my allowed calorie intake if I wasn't using this app to keep track of them. It's so easy to take a bite of this and a bite of that here and there, but those little bites do add up. I'm keeping myself accountable and every little bite gets documented, or skipped until my next meal!
6. I'm eating or snacking every 3 or 4 hours. You know, just smaller portions and healthier decisions.
7. I've eaten a ton of broccoli, zucchini and squash. I'm looking for more veggies to branch out to. I always say I'm not a picky eater, but when I restrict myself to whole foods it becomes a little harder. Any suggestions?? I hate mushrooms, and I don't care for sweet potatoes...
This is a pretty bland post, but I'm focused and ready to accomplish something that makes me happier and healthier.
I hope you all have an amazing weekend. One more morning class for me and then I get to relax and maybe hit the pool??